Mar14Thu, 14 Mar 09:30 AM - Fri, 15 Mar 04:30 PM in BrunswickFreeEvent is fullJoin waiting list
Jul18Thu, 18 Jul 09:30 AM - Fri, 19 Jul 04:30 PM in BrunswickFreeRegister19 places remaining
Nov14Thu, 14 Nov 09:30 AM - Fri, 15 Nov 04:30 PM in BrunswickFree
This two day intensive introduction includes common physical and emotional health issues which are a result of refugee experiences; refugee health and settlement services; and other important services and resources.
- Understanding Australia’s humanitarian program and recent refugee and asylum seeking arrival patterns, within a broader policy context;
- Exploring issues in working cross culturally;
- Exploring the Foundation House framework regarding the impact of torture and trauma and the basis for interventions;
- Overview of relevant services for people from refugee backgrounds and referral processes;
- Approaches to refugee health assessments; and
- Appropriate interventions for common health issues.
Nurses and Allied Health Professionals working with people from refugee backgrounds in a variety of settings.
Foundation House is able to provide professional development for nurses and allied health due to the support of the Department of Health and Human Services. Therefore this workshop is provided without charge to professionals working in these areas.
Morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea included.