Jul19Thu, 19 Jul 09:30 AM - Fri, 20 Jul 04:30 PM in BrunswickFreeEvent is fullJoin waiting list
Nov29Thu, 29 Nov 09:30 AM - Fri, 30 Nov 04:30 PM in BrunswickFreeRegister19 places remaining
This two day intensive introduction includes common physical and emotional health issues which are a result of refugee experiences; refugee health and settlement services; and other important services and resources.
- Understanding Australia’s humanitarian program and recent refugee and asylum seeker arrival patterns, within a broader policy context;
- Exploring issues in working cross culturally;
- Exploring the Foundation House Framework for Recovery regarding the impact of torture and trauma and the basis for interventions;
- Overview of relevant services for people from refugee backgrounds and referral processes;
- Approaches to refugee health assessments; and
- Appropriate interventions for common health issues.
Nurses and Allied Health Professionals working with people from refugee backgrounds in a variety of settings.