The particular health needs and experiences which might arise for men who are from refugee backgrounds.
- Identify and instigate appropriate interventions for common refugee health issues in men;
- Exploration of wellbeing including mental and sexual health issues;
- Overview of relevant services for men and referral processes;
- Understand the impact of trauma and the impact of detention and uncertainty for men of asylum seeker background; and
- Awareness of gender and cross-cultural communication when working with men from a refugee backgrounds.
Nurses and Allied Health Professionals working with people from refugee backgrounds in a variety of settings.
The Intensive Introduction for Nurses and Allied Health Professionals is considered to be a prerequisite for this workshop.
If you have considerable experience working with people who are from refugee backgrounds, and wish to apply for an exemption for the pre-requisite, please contact email@example.com.