Counselling and other skills for people who are not formally trained as counsellors, who work with people from refugee backgrounds.
This two day workshop provides an approach to working with people from refugee backgrounds in a range of health settings. Participants will gain incidental counselling and other skills for responding to difficult situations. The workshop involves presentations, practical exercises, role plays and discussions in large and small groups.
- Exploring how we interpret and ‘make meaning’ of experience;
- Incidental counselling skills for a range of potential situations;
- The emotional responses of workers and implications for practice;
- Building good working relationships with clients who have experience trauma; and
- Cross-cultural considerations.
Only available to Nurses and Allied Health professionals.
NO PRE-REQUISITE REQUIRED
This program is funded for Nurses and Allied Health professionals through the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services. Therefore there is no cost to professionals working in these areas.