Jul23Tue, 23 Jul 09:30 AM - Tue, 23 Jul 03:30 PM in Doncaster EastFreeRegister14 places remaining
Aug13Tue, 13 Aug 09:30 AM - Tue, 13 Aug 03:30 PM in BerwickFreeRegister25 places remaining
Sep03Tue, 03 Sep 09:30 AM - Tue, 03 Sep 03:30 PM in BroadmeadowsFree
Oct22Tue, 22 Oct 09:30 AM - Tue, 22 Oct 03:30 PM in St AlbansFree
Nov12Tue, 12 Nov 09:30 AM - Tue, 12 Nov 03:30 PM in BrunswickFree
This comprehensive introduction is recommended as the first professional development from Foundation House for those working with students and families from refugee backgrounds. It is appropriate for those working in and with schools and other educational settings, at primary, secondary and post-compulsory levels.
- Refugee experiences for young people including possible prior education experiences;
- The impact of trauma on young people’s learning and wellbeing;
- The role of teachers and schools in supporting recovery from trauma;
- Strategies that support the recovery process that teachers and other staff can use; and
- A whole school approach and key areas where schools can increase support for refugee background students and families.
People working with young people from refugee backgrounds within a school setting.
Foundation House Schools Support Program is able to provide a professional development program to teachers and those working in and with schools through the support of the Department of Education and Training. There is therefore no charge to participants for this workshop.
Morning tea & lunch included.