Provides practitioners with the knowledge, skills and insights needed to provide effective counselling and psychotherapy to survivors of torture and other traumatic experiences.
- Theoretical and conceptual underpinnings of effective counselling and psychotherapy with survivors of trauma;
- The distinctive needs of clients from refugee backgrounds, including complex case formulation skills;
- Foundation House’s Trauma Recovery Framework;
- Major evidence-based therapeutic modalities for use with survivors of trauma, and the common elements of effective interventions; and
- Skills in the identification and application of intervention strategies to particular client presentations.
Counsellors and psychotherapists working with people from refugee backgrounds, or wanting to move into this area of practice.
Participants will be expected to have completed either a Foundation House Introductory workshop, or ‘Refugee and Asylum Seeking Experiences’ Online.
The online option is available free as a pre-requisite when you register for this workshop.
Standard Rate: $320 per person
Early Bird Rate: $290 per person (if you enrol on or before 14 Sep)
Note: Discount will apply at Checkout